Submit Your Blue Buffalo Claim Now
If you purchased Blue Buffalo pet food or treats between May 7, 2008 through December 18, 2015 you are automatically a member of a class action suit against the company. A proposed settlement of $32 million has been reached to partially reimburse the members of the suit. You have until April 14, 2017 to complete your claim form.
How the class action suit could affect you
If you bought Blue Buffalo pet food or treats between May 7, 2008 and December 18, 2015, you can go to the site and submit your claim. You have to complete the claim form to receive any payment from the settlement.
There are different options for claimants, depending on whether you have proof of purchase or not.
- If you don’t have proof of purchase for the Blue Buffalo pet food or treats you bought then you have to confirm, under penalty of perjury, that you purchased one or more Blue Buffalo products during the time frame, and state the total amount that you spent on them. For every $50 you made in purchases, eligible members of the class action suit will receive $5 in cash payment, up to a total of $10. If you confirm that you purchased one or more Blue Buffalo products but you didn’t spend at least $50, you will still be entitled to a cash payment of $5.
- If you do have proof of purchase for the Blue Buffalo pet food or treats you bought during the time period of the lawsuit, you can receive $5 for every $50 worth of food or treats you purchased up to a total recovered amount of $200.
Class Members must mail or submit a completed claim form online by April 14, 2017.
There are some other options for people who are claimants.
- You can decide to do nothing. If you choose this option you will not receive any money but you will be bound by the court’s decisions regarding the claims and certain releases from Blue Buffalo.
- You can exclude yourself from the class action suit. If you do this, you will maintain your right to sue Blue Buffalo separately regarding your legal claims. If you plan to do this, you must do so in writing by April 14, 2017. You will not receive any money from the current class action settlement.
- You can also object to this settlement. If you object to the settlement, you have to do so in writing by April 14, 2017.
For more information on these options click on “Frequently Asked Questions” on the Petfoodsettlement.com page and look at “What Are My Options?”
You can find the list of Blue Buffalo products covered under this settlement on these pages.
This is only a summary of the Blue Buffalo class action settlement. Please be sure to read the web site and check out the documents that accompany the case.
Remember, you have to complete your claim or take other action by April 14, 2017.